måndag 18 maj 2009

The chosen one

As ive grown older ive found myself saying things i wouldnt have dreamed of saying when i was in my late teens, early twenties.

"Look, I just don't think he's that into you " .

This phrase could've spared loads of girls some pretty embarrassing moments, but no, we were far too dreamy to realize that if the guy didn't ring you in a week, he was probably never gonna ring.. EVER! Now, since we feel time is running out, and we don't have time to wait by the phone, it gets used pretty frequently.

"I think I have to rearrange my pension scheme"

Time stood still back then. You were invincible, the centre of the universe, untouchable and definately NOT growing old. You sneered at the older siblings of friends, "Gooood you're so OLD" as soon as someting remotely responsible came up in conversation. In recent years I've found myself thinking "Hmmm... what does the stockmarket say in Hong Kong?"

"We're old enough to choose our friends"

Back when you were seven you were put together with a bunch of strangers who followed you for nine years until you were able to choose school and direction yourself. If you were lucky those people turned out to be really good friends, but often some of them would annoy you so much during maths you'd dream of winning the lottery and sending them on a one way trip on the trans siberian railway.

My chosen friends are the most beautiful people I know. They are caring, funny, empathetic, interesting, genuine and I have hand picked them carefully over the years, grateful of the fact I've found such amazing people.
But most of all I am grateful that they have chosen me, and for that I will always feel lucky.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar