fredag 15 maj 2009

"Yes. That IS me in my passportpicture"

A few weeks back I went to buy a small present for my girlie friend D. Had to pay with my credit card and so the sales assistant asked to see proof of ID. Since I lost my drivers license about a year ago (yes I know, should sort it, got the paperwork just not the energy) I had to show my passport which in Sweden is not that common to walk around with. She looked at the the passport and then said with disbelief in her eyes "Were you really born in 1979?" I got dead paranoid thinking she thought it was fake or something. "Eeeeh, yeah that's me in the picture." "Really?? You look like you're 24! 25 tops!"
Left the shop feeling pretty good.

Fast forward to last week when I was off to the UK for some festival times with my best friend S.
Went through security and slipped my passport to the young guy sitting in the glass cage.
"Sorry, but are you really 29?" (What the hell??) "Yeah that IS me in my passportpicture" fidgeting slightly. "Oh. Gotta ask. Whats your secret?" "I party a lot"

Maybe its not so bad turning 30 after all. At least not if you look like a 24 year old, 25 tops!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar